File Maintenance Clerk (Gatekeeper)
For this challenging role within our Inventory Management Team we are looking for a Gatekeeper who is a motivated self-starter. A logical and methodical thinker you will be part of a small team and should have a practical approach and good communication skills. This role will suit someone from a Wholesale/Distribution of FMCG background. You will have demonstrable experience of managing data of 10,000+ products across a range of 300+ suppliers. You will be capable of managing multiple tasks with varying timelines and deadlines. You will have an eye for detail and a broad understanding of how business departments interact and impact on each other.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure new items are created according to Item Master documentation. This is a key role in creating the UK Item Master Database.
- Maintain Supplier Catalogue Prices, ensuring all item pricing in the system are accurate and up to date. This is achieved through Supplier Price Lists and appropriate approval sign off levels being followed.
- Ensure all New Suppliers are set up in accordance to the Business requirements and all necessary Due Diligence has been carried out. Work on a project to ensure all existing suppliers are compliant.
- Run monthly checks to ensure Vendor Product Liability Cover is up-to-date.
- Data Integrity - Maintaining and updating item detail to ensure accurate data on our Purchase Orders and allow us to cross reference Supplier Data to our Data.
- Ensure New Item Master records have the correct data entered for reporting to include product legal category, VAT status, Commodity codes, weights and measurements.
- Inform Sales and Marketing of any Cost Price changes. Identify any Cost Price errors and correct at the original source, namely the Supplier Catalogue. Control price errors through approval procedures and notify Finance of any changes.
- Reconcile cost variances between the Purchase Order Price and the Actual Price charged by the supplier as notified by Accounts Payable and seeking approval from Buyers for any recommendations to rectify variance
- Maintain Item Master changes and Supplier Changes to ensure consistency of data.
- Developing and updating Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instruction for processes conducted within the Purchasing Department.
- Participate in internal and external audit procedures when required.
- Conduct Monthly/Quarterly MHRA compliance checks to ensure Vendors have appropriate licenses.
- Conduct Annual VAT review to ensure correct status against products.
- Generating ideas for system development to improve efficiencies within the Department and Business.
- Assist with staff training where required.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Knowledge of Veterinary and Healthcare Products
Strong Administrative Skills
Ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects and daily tasks
Minimum Standard Grade / GSCE Level Education
- Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
Experience in an ERP system
Working in a windows environment
Microsoft Excel, Access and Microsoft Word
Strong Analytical skills
Strong communication skills
Logical Thought Process
Able to work on own initiative