Warehouse and Maintenance Manager
Acting as a key leader within the business, the Warehouse and Maintenance Manager is ultimately responsible for all functions across the multiple sites in Dumfries including Receiving, Bar Coding, Replen, Inventory Control, Maintenance, Pick & Pack and Dispatch. Leading, motivating and engaging the Warehouse Teams for which they are responsible for, the post holder will ensure that all processes and procedures are performed adequately and within required timeframes. Directly responsible for a team of five Supervisors, but with overall responsibility for a team of approx. 180 including Team Leaders and Operations Asistants
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse and ensuring the highest standard of housekeeping and maintenance of company assets is achieved whilst proactively identifying and managing continuous improvements
- Establish priorities in maintenance schedules and supervise maintenance team, engaging with Contractors on any requirements.
- Actively support in the Recruitment process as well as make suggestions or recommendations for structural changes, redundancy or promotion.
- Manage Disciplinary and Grievance matters up to and including dismissal of employees.
- Ensure that reporting team members have clearly defined roles and objectives and that they are coached, developed and motivated to achieve the required standards of performance.
- Leads by example, encouraging and coaching their respective Supervisors and Team Leader to motivate and engage their teams to the best of their abilities
- Identify talent within the business for potential succession planning and ensure effective and pro-active progression plans are agreed and in place.
- Effectively manage the performance of the various teams by setting departmental objectives, conducting regular Performance Management Reviews and managing employees through the Company’s Formal Capability Procedure.
- Provide salary and bonus recommendations in line with the Company’s Performance Management Policy and Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme.
- Assists the Operations Manager to translate strategic priorities into operating plans
- Provide the Senior Management Team with required reports, information and feedback to contribute to the effective strategic planning and budgeting performance of the business.
- Budget responsibility specifically in relation to training, headcount, overtime and other operating expenses.
- Decision making / policy development and implementation for policies and procedures in all functional areas.
- Liaise with the Regulatory & Compliance Team to ensure the Operations Team meet all QA and GDP requirements.
- Ensure all equipment is used in a safe manner and by authorised personnel only.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments.
Working Conditions and Physical Activities:
Working within a normal Office / Distribution Warehouse environment.
Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and warehouse; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilising professional etiquette.
General Warehousing Management experience is essential with a minimum one year in a Leadership Role.
Educated to a Minimum Higher Level Qualification
Degree Level Qualification or Qualification in distribution, logistics, transportation, management or business studies is preferred.
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
Strong Leadership and Relationship Building Skills
Excellent Communication and Coaching Skills
IT Literate, fully adept in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Equivalent
Must be able to work to a flexible schedule covering all shifts when required.
Must have a hands on work ethic
Will demonstrate and promote the Company’s values in People, Customer Service and Growth.
We offer a Competitive Salary (DOE), Flexible Benefits and a Company Bonus Scheme.